Here we are going to discuss the keto diet for beginners i.e. how to start, what to do and what not to do.
But what is Keto Diet & why people switch to a keto diet?
The keto diet or ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet which offers numerous health benefits to the people who are doing it.
Studies which the researchers made on keto diet found that it is extremely effective for weight loss task. But this is not only limited to weight loss but also carries lots of benefits for your insider body as well as for outsider.
This involves drastically reduced carbohydrates and replace it with fat. And do you know that? When you reduce the consumption of carbohydrate in the body then your body switches to a metabolic state which commonly known as Ketosis.
And during this diet, the person’s body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. This diet is also efficient for the brain. Because the keto diet turns fat into ketones in the liver, which supplies energy for the brain.
The ketogenic diet is an impressive way to lose weight and lower the risk factors for disease. There are so many diets proved its efficiency as mentioned above and lose weight five times faster than other diets.
The best part of this diet is the diet do not need any type of effort which the normal dieter do in their weight loss task. And this is the biggest reason behind the popularity of this diet.
It provides all the convenience to the people they want and with making you a slim-fit personality it works on gaining lean muscle mass. Which in turn gives you Arnold like physique.
Ketogenic diet assists you in losing excess body fat, which closely linked to type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, and metabolic syndrome. This is possible because it improves the sensitivity of insulin.
People also running on the keto diet to get rid of from type 2 diabetes. And according to data, there are many people who stop their diabetic medications.
Here we listed some foods which you have to restrict to start a keto diet.
- Sugary foods – Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
- Grains or starches – wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit – all fruits, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
- Beans or legumes – Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers – Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products – These are highly processed and often high in carbs.
- Some condiments or sauces – These often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
- Unhealthy fats – Limit your intake of vegetable processes oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Alcohol – Because it contains carb in high amount, there are many alcoholic drinks which take you out from ketosis state.
- Sugar-free diet foods – These foods affect your ketosis levels as they are highly processed.
And here we listed those foods which you have to eat to reach to a ketosis state.
- Meat – Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey.
- Fatty fish – such as Salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel.
- Eggs – look for pastured or omega-3 whole eggs.
- Butter and cream – Look for grass-fed when possible.
- Cheese – unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, blue or mozzarella).
- Nuts and seeds – Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy oils – Virgin olive oil, coconut oil and oil of avocado.
- Avocados – whole avocados or freshly made guacamole.
- Low-carb veggies – mostly green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Condiments – Salt, peppers, and various healthy herbs and spices.
7 days menu of the keto diet.
In the Breakfast – fried eggs in butter, on a bed of lettuce topped with avocado.
Lunch – a salad of spinach with grilled salmon.
Snack – celery and pepper strips dipped in guacamole.
Dinner – salmon in asparagus cooked in butter.
Breakfast – Bulletproof coffee which is made of butter and coconut oil, hard-boiled eggs.
Lunch – tuna salad stuffed in tomatoes.
Snack – Roast beef and sliced cheese roll-ups.
Dinner – Meatballs, cheddar cheese, and vegetables.
Breakfast – Cheese and veggies omelet topped with salsa.
Lunch – Shrimp salad with olive oil and avocado.
Snack – almond milk smoothie, almond butter.
Dinner – Roasted chicken with asparagus and sauteed mushrooms.
Breakfast – almond milk smoothie, almond butter.
Lunch – Chicken tenders of almond flour with cucumbers, and goat cheese.
Snack – sliced cheese, and bell pepper slices.
Dinner – shrimp grilled with a lemon butter sauce with a side of asparagus.
Breakfast – Bacon with fried eggs and a side of greens.
Lunch – Beef stir-fry cooked in coconut oil with vegetables.
Snack – sticks of celery dipped in almond butter.
Dinner – bun-less burger with bacon, egg, and cheese.
Breakfast – eggs baked in avocado cups.
Lunch – Ham and cheese slices with nuts.
Snack – Meat-based bar (turkey or pork).
Dinner – Kebabs of grilled beef with peppers, and sauteed broccoli.
Breakfast – eggs fried with veggies, and topped with salsa.
Lunch – Sardine salad made with mayo in half an avocado.
Snack – Turkey jerky (no added sugar).
Dinner – steak and eggs with a side salad.
You have to follow this diet plan to reach the ketosis state faster but eat all of them on time. And make sure you follow the diet plan.